For the next 10 years, I’m going to be pushing my financial fitness. I want to be constantly improving. Make more income, spend less on things that don’t matter, and save for those that do! Those kinds of improvements require metrics. This is a list of goals and metrics, by year, that we’ll be updating over time.
Income Goals and Metrics
- Reach a consistent income from investments of $150 per month, by the end of the year. Complete!
- Reach an average income from investments of $200 per month.
Cost of Living Goals and Metrics
- Reduce the monthly expense of “Dining Out” to not exceed $150 per month. Failed!
- Track grocery costs and establish a monthly baseline for future measurements. Complete!
- Reduce the monthly expense of “Dining Out” to not exceed $200 per month.
- Keep our average food costs under $654 per month
Balance Sheet Goals and Metrics
- Track monthly savings rate.Complete!
- Attain a savings rate of at least 25%. Complete!
- Attain an average savings rate of at least 30%.
- Save $2,000 per month